Pregnancy massage (also known as pre-natal massage) is performed regularly in Indonesia to assist mothers in maintaining their wellbeing, providing comfort and muscle strength. During pregnancy, women suffer from all sorts of ailments including heartburn, backaches, swollen ankles, aching muscles, breast soreness and fatigue. Also, women may feel increased stress due the psychological effects of pregnancy, which include changes in body image concern about the baby’s health, motherhood and the challenge in this life-changing event.
Through simple techniques, you will learn how massage can relieve tension during pregnancy, help prepare for labour and make the postpartum period less difficult. During pregnancy, massage can help to relieve stress and reduce discomfort of pregnancy.?Massage accompanies childbirth nearly everywhere in the tribal world.
- Massage will help prepare for an easier delivery.
- Massage stimulates glandular secretions, stabilizing your hormone levels and making their side effects less severe. Massage on the legs can control varicose veins and the draining effect of massage helps reduction of edema.
- Increases blood circulation.
- The lymphatic system circulates faster and more efficiently.
- The strain on the muscles of the lower back, abdomen and shoulders can be greatly reduced through massage.
- Muscle tone can increase with regular massage.
- Pregnancy massage sedates the nervous system, stimluating much needed rest and relaxation. In the uterus, the baby fells the safe.